Look locally to source some great Christmas presents for friends and family this year.
At Steampunk we love to keep things local. We work closely with other small independent businesses to bring you amazing and unique offerings and we know that you, our lovely customers, care deeply about this too. Your sense of adventure and commitment to sourcing locally doesn’t need to stop in the rush up to Christmas either - take a look at these cool gift ideas that are happening on our doorstep. We’ve even broken it down by the type of person you might be buying for to make it super easy for you.
This is our present to you... (also check out #10)
The Adventurous Spirit
1. Our coastline is gorgeous - how about exploring it by paddle board? Check out GoSup who are offering vouchers for paddle board sessions. Check out their gorgeous video.
2. Or how about a session at Foxfall - the low ropes course at Foxlake?
Ailey Mae Raw Chocolate
3. You can never go wrong with chocolate so a monthly chocolate subscription from Ailey Mae’s Raw Chocolate is the perfect gift for the chocaholic in your life. Every purchase before 25 November will enter you into a prize draw to win a year’s worth of chocolate for yourself so buy chocolate for your loved ones for Christmas and possibly get the mother of all presents in return!
4. Budding bakers? How about a sourdough bread course from master baker Ross Baxter of Bostock Bakery? Learn how to recreate his fantastic loaves at home.
5. Colstoun Cookery School (near Haddington) run some cool courses and experiences - last years included bee-keeping, foraging, preserving as well as many different styles of cooking. Check out their website for next year’s possibilities.
The Stressed Out Friend
6. For people who need a bit of relaxation, check out North Berwick yoga teacher and musician Roxana’s Guided Audio Relaxations. This talented lady will help you relax and because she also has a big heart she is donating 50% of each sale to the charity Help Refugees.
7. For those who want to keep their hands busy, Castaway Knitting offer a cool yoga sock kit. Enjoy making them and then stay cosy wearing them. If yoga is not for you, check out one of her other kits.
8. For families who just need to enjoy time together and hang out, what about tickets to Rogue Village’s New Year’s Day event, The Sunshine Sessions (in Dunbar). This cool event is sure to ease everyone into 2017 in style and appeal to the whole family. Great DJs, performances, impromptu workshops, art tables and plenty of surprises at this laid back jam. With great food, cocktails and a fully licensed bar families can relax, roll back the years and teach their kids a few dance moves or just sit back and catch up with friends to some great music.
North Berwick Gift Vouchers
9. No idea what they might like? Still keep it local by giving a North Berwick Gift Voucher. These can be used at loads of local businesses and by giving one of these rather than a voucher for an online multi-national, you are keeping money in the local economy, fuelling local jobs and keeping your High Street healthy. Vouchers can be purchased at Etc… (and while you are there you will probably find some beautifully designed gifts too).
The Coffee Lover (last, but of course not least)
10. We are making it super easy to buy something cool for coffee lovers - check out some coffee-related gift ideas in our Christmas Collection including the gift that keeps giving - the coffee subscription. We even have a 10% off code for items in this collection (before end November) if you sign up to our newsletter when prompted on our website.