The Kalita Wave ceramic dripper has a unique filter design that reduces contact between the brewing space and the dripper itself. The average brew time is 3-4 minutes, and can brewed directly over a cup or carafe. This model is the 185 size and makes around 500ml-750 ml of final brew.
This is our recommended brewing method for highlighting the subtle nuances in all of our coffees.
Filter papers sold separately.
Check out our Kalita Wave Brew Guide to see how we make ours.
Ratio: 18g of (ideally freshly) ground coffee to 280ml of water (just off the boil).
This method uses Kalita Wave Brewer, Kalita Filters, Carafe or Mug
1. Pre-soak the filter with boiling water to remove any paper aftertaste and warm the carafe. Discard the water in the carafe.
2. Add 18g of ground coffee into the brewer. Set your time for 3 minutes.
3. Start your timer and add a small amount of water, just enough to soak all the ground coffee. This should be about double the weight of your coffee.
4. Wait 30 seconds, then continue to add the remaining water in short steps, pouring in a spiral motion to agitate the coffee.
5. Pour for approximately 5 seconds, then wait for 2 seconds before repeating. Continue until all 280ml of water has been used.
6. After 3 minutes, remove the brewer, pour into a pre-warmed mug and enjoy!
Stay connected with our newsletter