Aeropress Coffee Maker
Make great coffee at home, at work or on the road. Partner it up with the Rhinoware Ceramic Burr hand grinder (find it here) which fits inside the Aeropress for a super compact coffee kit when travelling.
The AeroPress is a revolutionary way to make the perfect coffee every time. It’s so simple to use, that once you own an AeroPress you won’t want to go back to instant coffee or using expensive coffee brewers. The AeroPress uses gentle air pressure which creates a smooth, rich flavour with lower acidity and without bitterness.
Other coffee makers drip hot water on to a bed of ground coffee which results in over extracting at the centre and under extracting the flavour from the edges. But the AeroPress brewing system results in uniform extraction for the ultimate in full coffee flavour. The AeroPress comes with full instructions for use; just add your coffee and water!
- Brews smooth, perfect coffee every time.
- Lightweight and portable, making it perfect for camping and holidays.
- Micro-Filtered for grit free coffee.
- Actual ‘press time’ is just 20 seconds.
- Simple and quick to clean; there’s no washing-up of fiddly parts.
- Comes complete with 350 filters, scoop, funnel and stirrer.
- Everything you need to make professional coffee at home.
- *New silicone seal
*The new seal material that we introduced last September 2018 is silicone. Silicone is the most common soft material found in the kitchen (think spatula). Silicones are primarily made of the elements silicon, oxygen, and carbon. Silicone is not at all chemically like natural rubber or synthetic rubber.
It is possible for the seal area to smell like stale coffee. We recommend AeroPress users remove the seal from the end of the plunger once a month or so to thoroughly clean all sides of the seal.
The silicone seals are somewhat softer than our previous seals. We think they work better that way and will also be more durable.
There are as many ways to use an Aeropress as there are Aeropress users. Check out Steampunk's Aeropress brew guide to see how we make ours.
Aeropress Brew Guide
Ratio: 17g of (ideally freshly) ground coffee to 240ml of water (just off the boil)
1. Rinse the filter with boiling water to remove any paper aftertaste. Pre-heat the Aeropress the same way.
2. Invert the brewer and add 17g of ground coffee. Set your time for 2 and a half minutes.
3. Start your timer and slowly add all of the water in to the brewer.
4. Wait 2 minutes, then replace the filter cap and filter back on to the Aeropress.
5. Carefully flip the Aeropress and place on top of your mug, and push the plunger slowly all the way down, ideally within 30 seconds.
6. Remove the Aeropress and enjoy!
Buy additional Aeropress filters here.